Student and Graduate Information
Current Student Membership Information Brochure
Becoming a PA - Information for Students for After Graduation
Jurisprudence Exam Study Questions
- this link will take you to the Jurisprudence Exam information page on the Texas Medical Board's website.
Additional Useful Information for PA Students
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
Student Academy of the AAPA (SAAAPA)
Texas Medical Board (TMB)
The Texas Medical Board (TMB) is the body that licenses and regulates all PAs in the state.
333 Guadalupe, Mail Code 232
Tower 3, Suite 610
Austin, TX 78701
P.O. Box 2018
Mail Code 232
Austin, TX 78768-2018
Phone: (512) 305-7030
Fax: (512) 305-7009
Customer Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
NCCPA is the only credentialing organization for physician assistants in the United States. NCCPA assures that certified physician assistants meet professional standards of knowledge and skills.
12000 Findley Road, Suite 200
Duluth, GA 30097
(678) 417-8100 (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm ET)
Email address: email@example.com
Fax number: (678) 417-8135
2020 TAPA Student Scholarship Information
We are now accepting applications for the 2020 TAPA Student Scholarships. One scholarship for $1,000 will be awarded. Deadline to apply is January 10th. Recipient will be announced prior to the TAPA Annual Conference.
All submissions must be done electronically.
- Please fill out 2020 Scholarship Part 1 & 2 thoroughly in the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020_Scholarship_Part_1_2
Please be prepared to type in, or cut and paste, 2 essays into this form. You cannot start the form and come back later to complete it.
- Please send the 2020 Scholarship Part 3 Evaluation to a mentor, physician assistant, program faculty, physician, or other person who is familiar with your accomplishments, community activities, and future goals as a physician assistant. They will fill out the form and submit it to TAPA. The Part 3 Eval link can be copy and pasted from here:
- Please send the 2020 Scholarship Part 4 – PA Program Director Verification to your PA program director or their designee. They will fill out the form and submit it to TAPA.
The Part 4 link can be copy and pasted from here:
- You must request a copy of your most recent transcript from your PA program.
Unofficial transcripts must be signed by your PA Program Director - these can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts can also be mailed to:
Texas Academy of Physician Assistants
401 W. 15th Street, Ste. 100
Austin, TX 78701
This must be postmarked by January 8th to be submitted with your application to the judges. Please make your requests early and confirm with your PA program that the transcripts were mailed.