This is a 2-year commitment.
Duties: In addition to duties as a Director, each Director-at-Large (DAL) shall act as a liaison between the BOD and TAPA Membership and shall serve on and provide mentorship to committees as assigned by the President or their designee.
It shall be the duty of the Directors to:
- Perform any and all duties imposed on them collectively or individually by the Articles of Incorporation, the TAPA bylaws or BOD;
- Appoint and remove, employ and discharge, and, except as otherwise provided in the bylaws, prescribe the duties, provide feedback, review and act upon contractual agreements, and fix the compensation, if any, of all agents, and employees of the organization;
- Oversee all agents and employees of the organization to ensure that duties are properly performed;
- Meet at such times and places as required by the TAPA bylaws.
Qualifications: Candidates for Director-at-Large are encouraged have at least one year of experience in a leadership role in any organization.
AAPA HOD DELEGATES
This is a 2-year term. TAPA delegates to the AAPA House of Delegates (HOD) represent the interests of TAPA on a national level. Each elected delegate will serve two consecutive years and may not run for re-election until the election immediately preceding the end of their elected term of office.
Duties: Elected delegates shall attend at least one of the in-person board meetings during their term, and may participate in the affairs of the HOD and serve as an effective voice in AAPA activities by:
- Making recommendations to the AAPA BOD;
- Submitting formal resolutions through the procedures outlined by AAPA’s House Officers;
- Participating in open reference committee hearings conducted at the HOD meeting, held during AAPA’s Annual ConferenceVolunteering as a member of an AAPA Reference Committee, researching and reporting on the resolutions and testimony received.
- Individuals elected as delegates will attend the annual AAPA conference in order to attend the 4 day AAPA HOD proceedings.
Qualifications: Each delegate to AAPA HOD shall be an AAPA Fellow Member in good standing of AAPA for the duration of his or her term of office. Each delegate shall also be a Fellow Member of TAPA in good standing for the duration of his or her term of office. Candidates for delegate must be a Fellow Member of TAPA and AAPA in good standing, reside in Texas and have one year serving as a TAPA elected board position, appointed TAPA committee chair position, or a TAPA committee member.