Student and Graduate Information
Current Student Membership Information Brochure
Becoming a PA - Information for Students for After Graduation
Jurisprudence Exam Study Questions
- this link will take you to the Jurisprudence Exam information page on the Texas Medical Board's website.
Additional Useful Information for PA Students
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
Student Academy of the AAPA (SAAAPA)
Texas Medical Board (TMB)
The Texas Medical Board (TMB) is the body that licenses and regulates all PAs in the state.
333 Guadalupe, Mail Code 232
Tower 3, Suite 610
Austin, TX 78701
P.O. Box 2018
Mail Code 232
Austin, TX 78768-2018
Phone: (512) 305-7030
Fax: (512) 305-7009
Customer Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Commission for the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
NCCPA is the only credentialing organization for physician assistants in the United States. NCCPA assures that certified physician assistants meet professional standards of knowledge and skills.
12000 Findley Road, Suite 200
Duluth, GA 30097
(678) 417-8100 (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm ET)
Email address: email@example.com
Fax number: (678) 417-8135
2021 TAPA Student Scholarship Information
We are now accepting applications for the 2021 TAPA Student Scholarships. One scholarship for $1,000 will be awarded. Deadline to apply is January 8th. Recipient will be announced during the TAPA Annual Meeting.
All submissions must be done electronically.
- Please fill out 2021 Scholarship Part 1 & 2 thoroughly in the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2021_Scholarship_Part_1_2
Please be prepared to type in, or cut and paste, 2 essays into this form. You cannot start the form and come back later to complete it.
- Please send the 2021 Scholarship Part 3 Evaluation to a mentor, physician assistant, program faculty, physician, or other person who is familiar with your accomplishments, community activities, and future goals as a physician assistant. They will fill out the form and submit it to TAPA. The Part 3 Eval link can be copy and pasted from here:
- Please send the 2021 Scholarship Part 4 – PA Program Director Verification to your PA program director or their designee. They will fill out the form and submit it to TAPA.
The Part 4 link can be copy and pasted from here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2021_Scholarship_Part_4
- You must request a copy of your most recent transcript from your PA program.
Unofficial transcripts must be signed by your PA Program Director - these can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 LAS Student Scholarship Information
TAPA is excited to provide the LAS Scholarship to sponsor one student to attend the virtual AAPA Leadership and Advocacy Summit March 4 - March 6, 2021. Applicants will be reviewed and judged on essay responses. Only fully completed applications will be considered. Applications will be accepted through January 8, 2021 at 5pm.
- Must be an AAPA AND TAPA Student Member;
- Must be currently attending an accredited Texas PA program;
- Must submit a signed letter from your program director, excusing you to attend the Summit.
After the Summit, the student attendee will be encouraged to write a newsletter submission about their experience to share with the TAPA membership.
Submit your Application Today!